Since the Union elections in June I have received several inquiries with regards to starting up committees and opportunities for members to get involved with the local. It is great to have the enthusiastic support of so many so wait no longer. The following committee’s will require members to sit on them and also general volunteer’s are needed for special events and organizing drives or passenger engagement projects so where ever you can pitch in please put your name forward.
1. Political organizing public service (POPS) committee – 8 members to be appointed – Term to be determined
2. Health and Safety operations – 3 operators and 1 administration position to be filled – 3 yr. term
3. Health and Safety maintenance – 3 maintenance and 1 administration position to be filed – 3 yr. term
4. Social and Recreation Committee – 8 members to be appointed – Term to be 2 yr
5. Uniform Committee – 3 members operations to be appointed – Term 2 yr
6. Health and Wellness Committee – 3 members- 1 from each section – Term 2yr
7. Sports Committee – 3 members – 1 from each section – Term 2 yr
8. eneral Volunteers to be called as needed.
If you wish to be considered for one or more of these appointments to committees. Please submit your name and contact information along with a brief outline by priority of which committee and why along with any qualifications before August 15th. by applying to serve on a committee you agree to attend a general information session when held.
All current members serving on a committee should re-apply if you wish to be considered for another term on that committee.
In some cases Lost time from work will be paid by the employer or the Union however it should be generally understood that Volunteering to serve will require a commitment to give personal time unpaid.
Since there is a limited number of positions on the current committees not all applicants can be selected so please seriously consider adding your name to the General Volunteer’s list as new committees are formed or if a vacancy on an existing committee opens up these individuals will be considered first.
Should you require any further information please send me an email. Together we can make ATU Local 107 an even greater Union.
Respectfully in Solidarity:
Brother Eric Tuck
President ATU Local 107